Chaired by Deb Byron, the Digital Committee represents members across all sectors and meets on the first Wednesday of each month.
|Deb Byron (Chair)||Hansard Global PLC|
|Bill Mummery (Deputy Chair)||Celton Manx|
|Jon Allen||Live and Work LTD|
|David Butterworth||Skanco Business Systems|
|David Dorricott||AFD Software LTD|
|James Mayles||IOM Gov (GTS)|
|Nic Gotrel||Isle of Man Enterprises|
|Lisa Karran||Xela Holdings|
|Steven Craven||The Stars Group|
|David Smith||Manx Telecom|
|Lyle Wraxall||Digital Agency|
About the Committee
The Committee works closely with the Isle of Man Government and other industry associations to actively promote the Information and Communications Technology (ICT)/eBusiness sector whose importance as a key contributor to economic development and employment continues to grow.
A number of committee members also sit on other ICT/eBusiness-related committees and keep the Committee updated on different initiatives, forming a cohesive unit.
Priorities and Objectives
- To represent the interests of Chamber members on ICT matters, the broader Manx ICT sector (suppliers and users) and encourage regular dialogue between key stakeholders.
- To seek to influence IOM Government to ensure the right environment is in place to support the success and future development of the existing ICT sector and to encourage new inward investment.
- To work closely with the Manx ICT Association (MICTA) to represent and promote the Manx ICT industry.
- To work closely with the Department for Enterprise (DfE) to identify which new niche sectors the IOM should proactively target in order to diversify our e-business offering; promote the recruitment of additional specialist business development resources with segment expertise to accelerate growth of high quality new inward investment.
- To work closely with the eGaming Strategic Advisory Board to help to shape and influence the development of the eGaming sector and related economic activity to protect the existing sector, aid the continued growth of the sector and attract suitable inward investment.
- To support initiatives to address the ICT skills shortage
- To support the International Centre for Technology as a dedicated facility for practical ICT training and world-class tertiary education for ICT and business.
- To promote the value of ICT in supporting a cultural transformation of Government and provide a sounding board for Government’s Technical Services Division to help identify, prioritise and promote new e-services for the business and the citizen and support the digital strategy.
Membership of other Committees
The following committee members are MICTA Council Members:
- Chris Gledhill (Chairman)
- Kurt Roosen (Chief Executive)
- Joe Hughes
- Chris Hall
The following committee members are members of Isle of Man Government public/private sector committees:
eGaming Strategic Advisory Board
- Chris Hall
- Phil Adcock
- Claire Milne
Jon Allen is also a member of the Gambling Supervision Commission
Learn more about our other committees here