Date: Thursday 26 September 2019
Independent offshore law firm, Cains, has once again been recognised as one of the leading law firms in the Isle of Man by Legal 500 UK with a top tier ranking across several of its key practice areas.
Legal 500 UK is a key international industry directory that grades law firms following a thorough and independent research process, which includes interviews with clients and peers as well as information provided by the firms themselves.
Published yesterday (Thursday 26th), the new edition has ranked Cains in tier one for Banking and Finance, Commercial Property, Corporate and Commercial, Dispute Resolution, Insurance and Pensions and Shipping, Aviation and Space.
In addition, the new directory has recognised 13 Cains lawyers as either “leading individuals” “next generation lawyers” and “rising stars”.
Some of the many highlights of this year’s directory include being recognised as “at the forefront of the Manx legal scene” and “providing practical and commercial solutions when required on complex matters”. Clients also stated that “the team is knowledgeable, responsive and easy to work with, making it a go-to firm for all Isle of Man legal queries.”
Peter Clucas, managing director of Cains, said:
“We are delighted with the recognition Cains has received within this year’s guide. It has been an exciting year as we continue to grow and expand our service offering. Maintaining and building upon our position as the leading independent Isle of Man law firm is testament to the depth and breadth of expertise we possess across our practice teams and having 13 of our lawyers recommended in the new edition of Legal 500 UK is a fantastic endorsement for the firm and the individuals concerned. We thank our clients for providing outstanding feedback and our staff for their commitment and hard work.”
The list of Cains’ leading individuals includes:
HALL OF FAME:
- Peter Clucas (Managing Director) – Dispute Resolution
- Tristan Head (Director) – Banking and Finance, Corporate and Commercial
- Scott Leonard-Morgan (Director) – Banking and Finance, Corporate and Commercial
- Tim Shepherd (Director) – Banking and Finance
- Alex Poole-Wilson (Managing Associate) – Commercial Property
- Robert Colquitt (Director) – Dispute Resolution
- Jonathan Latham (Consultant) – Insurance and Pensions
- Steven Quayle (Director) – Shipping, Aviation and Space
NEXT GENERATION PARTNERS:
- Stephanie Chew (Managing Associate)- Banking and Finance, Corporate and Commercial
- Catherine Hamill (Consultant) – Banking and Finance
- Matthew Wilkinson (Associate) – Corporate and Commercial
- Charles Williams (Associate) – Dispute Resolution
- Adam Clark (Associate) - Shipping, Aviation and Space
The Legal 500 rankings are based on a combination of feedback from 250,000 in-house peers, client feedback and independent assessment of a variety of factors including the strength and depth of the practice, and a law firm’s ability to handle the most complex and innovative work.
Visit the Cains website