Chaired by Rob Cowell (Small Business)
Large Business Chair position is currently vacant.
About the forum
Formally the Retail Committee, the Chamber of Commerce ‘Local Economy’ forum represents the views of local ‘customer facing’ businesses on the Isle of Man by providing a voice into Government and associated bodies.
The Forum is engaged in:
• Advising on Isle of Man Government appropriate incentives. Support schemes and development opportunities to grow in Island and export business
• Tracking customer facing performance and trends via data gathering, market research & focus groups to influence future policy development
• To ensure Isle of Man Government is kept informed of key issues facing the sector & works jointly to remedy
• Monitoring proposed legislation changes
• Participating in consultations
• Raising the profile of the local economy
• Discussing topical subjects relevant to members
• Community engagement
• Government lobbying and advocacy